The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) announces the availability of the December 2014 edition of the DFI Journal, a peer-reviewed publication of high-quality papers. This special issue is dedicated to the state of practice of geothermal foundations, with a particular focus on energy pile foundations.
Volume 8, Issue 2, includes the following papers:
- Outcomes from International Workshop on Thermoactive Geotechnical Systems for Near- Surface Geothermal Energy: from Research to Practice
- Session 1 Report: Identifying Best Practice, Installation, Laboratory Testing and Field Testing
- Building Codes, Green Certification and Implementation Issues, Market Challenges
- New Technologies and Applications: Materials and Equipment in Near Surface Geothermal Systems
- Issues Involved with Thermoactive Geotechnical Systems: Characterization of Thermomechanical Soil Behavior and Soil-Structure Interface Behavior
- Design Tools for Thermoactive Geotechnical Systems
- Environmental Impact Calculations, Life Cycle Cost Analysis
Current and past issues of DFI Journal are available online to DFI members. Members and nonmembers can order printed copies of the 2007-2013 volumes of the Journal from the publications page of www.dfi.org; members at preferential rates. Subscriptions to the Journal are priced at $306 for the online version and $340 for both print and online versions. To subscribe go to http://www.maneyonline.com/pricing/dfi.
DFI Journal is published biannually. Papers are welcome on topics of interest to the geoprofessional community. Papers can be submitted online at http://www.edmgr.com/dfi. The editors can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or for further information visit www.maneyonline.com/dfi.