Deep Foundations Institute (DFI), in conjunction with leaders in the international deep mixing community, is hosting the 7th conference in a series on deep mixing, June 15-18, 2020, in Gdańsk, Poland.
Deep Mixing 2020 — Best Practice and Legacy is aimed at defining the future of deep mixing and transferring the charge of advancing the industry to the next generation of practitioners. The technical program will include presentations on all aspects of current deep mixing technology and research and provide a forum for discussion with all stakeholders including contractors, engineers, researchers, equipment and material suppliers, and owners.
Co-chairs of the conference are Professor Michał Topolnicki, Ph.D., Keller Poland, and Professor George Filz, Ph.D., Virginia Tech, U.S.
Abstracts for technical papers are invited addressing frontiers of soil mixing related to the following topics:
- Laboratory mixing and material testing
- Properties of treated soil materials (binders, durability, material models)
- Analyses and design procedures (methodology, modeling, recommendations, codes)
- Contracting strategy/specifications/practice
- Field testing and performance monitoring (measurements, long-term data)
- Mixing equipment and construction technologies
- Quality control and quality assurance
- Environmental mixing and related research
- Liquefaction mitigation with mixing (analyses, experience)
- Case histories with lessons learned
Abstracts are due Monday, June 24, 2019. For more information or to submit an abstract, visit www.dfi.org/DM2020.
Contact: Theresa Engler, Executive Director, (973) 423-4030, firstname.lastname@example.org