The DFI Educational Trust has awarded five Women in Deep Foundations (WiDF) Professional Development Grants of $1,750 each to women working in the deep foundations industry to attend DFI’s 44th Annual Conference in Chicago, October 14-18. The grant includes free conference registration and covers related expenses for attending the conference.
The recipients are:
- Tugce Baser, Ph.D., assistant professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Sayantani Ghosh, EIT, senior staff engineer, Langan Engineering and Environmental Services, Inc.
- Amanda Parry, geotechnical engineer, GEI Consultants, Inc. (former Educational Trust Scholarship recipient)
- Sherry Pirzadeh, P.E., design engineer, Menard Group USA
- Adeleine Tran, P.E., geotechnical engineer, Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
The grants are being presented during the Annual Conference at the Women in Deep Foundations (WiDF) 5th Annual Networking Reception on Tuesday, October 15, from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. To register for the reception or to sponsor the event, visit www.dfi.org/Annual2019.
The WiDF Committee is comprised of women and men who are advocates for retaining women in the deep foundations industry. The goal of the committee is to foster greater success and interest of professional women in the industry by promoting networking events, endorsing outreach and building mentoring relationships.
Contact: Emilio S. Fandino, Trust Administrator, (973) 423-4030, firstname.lastname@example.org.