Registration is open for DFI’s 45th Annual Conference on Deep Foundations (#DFI45), being presented as an online conference, live on October 27-30, 2020, and open for viewing through December 31, 2020. Register as an attendee, exhibitor or sponsor at www.dfi.org/Annual2020.
The conference theme “People. Purpose. Passion.” showcases a profession at the top of its game, highlighting the hard work, passion, connections, technologies and professionalism that drive the deep foundations industry worldwide.
The conference is being presented on a dynamic and interactive online platform to connect and engage the deep foundations community worldwide. Highlights of the conference include:
- Keynote Lecture, “A Tale of a Thriving City and the Deep Foundations that Support It,” presented by Schnabel Geostructural Design and Construction
- 60+ Live-Stream and On-Demand Presentations
- Topical Panel Discussions
- The Influence of Industry on Government Guidelines and Specifications
- Site Characterization
- Geotechnical Baseline Reports
- The Family Business Session featuring insights from multi-generational DFI member families
- Meet-the-Presenters Sessions
- MSSP (Manufacturers, Suppliers and Service Providers) Trade Expo Track
- DFI Hal Hunt Lecture on Communications
- Awards Program featuring DFI’s Distinguished Service Award and Outstanding Project Award
- Student and Young Professional Paper Competitions Winner Presentations
- Interactive Exhibit Area
- Exhibitor Meet and Greet Time
- Hosted Video Chat Lounges
- Discussion Boards and Social Feeds
- 5K Fun Run/Walk to benefit the DFI Educational Trust
“DFI is very excited about hosting #DFI45 as an online conference,” says Theresa Engler, executive director of DFI. “This format allows deep foundations professionals from all over world to participate in the event without having to travel. And for those who can’t join the live online event, they can access recorded presentations and earn professional development hours (PDHs) through December 31, 2020.”
The 50+ member conference organizing committee is led by Conference Chair Sebastian Lobo-Guerrero, Ph.D., P.E., American Geotechnical & Environmental Services (A.G.E.S.), and Program Co-Chairs Jennifer Nicks, Ph.D., P.E., Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), and Gregg Piazza, P.E., GeoStructures, who have developed this robust program which is accessible to worldwide professionals at a low cost for several months. Their goal is to provide relevant, practical geotechnical information to the global deep foundations community.