Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) announces the availability of the most recent edition of the DFI Journal, a peer-reviewed publication of high-quality technical papers.
DFI Journal, Volume 13, Issue 2, includes the following research papers and case studies by five excellent author groups. Three of the five papers deal with piles and the remaining two papers involve foundation construction on soft ground conditions.
- CASE STUDY: “Prediction, Testing, and Analysis of a 50 m Long Pile in Soft Marine Clay,” by Bengt H. Fellenius, Fredrik Edvardsson, Johannes Pettersson, Michael Sabattini and Johnny Wallgren
- RESEARCH PAPER: “Cyclic Loading of Piles Using the P-Y Method,” by Matt Bristow
- RESEARCH PAPER: “Behaviour of Hollow Bar Micropiles under Uplift and Lateral Loading,” by Osama F. EL Hadi Drbe and M. Hesham El Naggar
- CASE STUDY: “Foundation Design and Construction Challenges with Marsh Deposits in a High Seismic Risk Zone,” by Ted Miyake and M. Reza Saberi
- CASE STUDY: “Ground Improvement Design and Construction for Seattle’s Elliott Bay Seawall Replacement and Retrofit,” by William Perkins and Andrew Malinak
An online subscription to the DFI Journal is included with DFI membership, and issues can be accessed by signing in to the member portal — MyDFI. If you are not a member, join DFI at www.dfi.org for $125 to receive an online subscription to the Journal, which includes access to all Journal papers since its inception in 2007. (Individual Journal articles are otherwise $25 each.) Members and nonmembers can order printed copies of the 2007-2020 volumes of the Journal from the ‘Publications’ page of www.dfi.org
Contact: Theresa Engler, Executive Director, +1 (973) 423-4030, email@example.com