January 12, 2021, Hawthorne N.J.:
Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust, the charitable arm of DFI, recently awarded 15 scholarships to students pursuing careers in civil and geotechnical engineering.
The DFI Educational Trust manages 19 scholarship programs funded by endowments, donations and fundraising events. Since 2006, the Trust has awarded $1.25 million in scholarships to more than 400 students studying at colleges and universities across the United States and the Province of Ontario, Canada.
Following are the recent scholarship recipients.
Manuel Fine Civil Engineering Scholarships ($2,500 each)
- Hamzah Smadi, University of Waterloo, Ontario
- Grytan Sarkar, Western University, Ontario
Langan Engineering & Environmental Services Legacy Scholarships ($5,000 each)
- Jeehee Lim is the recipient of the Bernard F. Langan Scholarship at Purdue University.
- Elayne Blancas received the Donald J. Murphy Memorial Scholarship at NYU Tandon School of Engineering.
- Paul Pullia was awarded the George P. Kelley Memorial Scholarship at Drexel University.
Stanley Merjan City College of New York Civil Engineering Scholarship Fund
- Luis Abreu
- Ming Sum Leung
- Peter Metias
- Xiaoxiao (Eva) Zhang
Penn State Scholarship Fund ($2,500)
George J. Tamaro Manhattan College Civil Engineering Scholarship Fund ($2,500 each)
- Dylan Grace
- Rachel Foertch
- Robert Del Prete
- Andrew Scala
University of Pittsburgh Scholarship Fund ($2,500)
Donations to the DFI Educational Trust scholarship funds can be made online at www.trust.dfi.org