DFI Educational Trust has awarded five Women in Deep Foundations (WiDF) Professional Development Grants of $1,750 each to women working in the deep foundations industry. The recipients are invited to attend DFI’s 46th Annual Conference in Las Vegas, October 12-15. The grant includes complimentary conference registration and covers related expenses for attending the conference.
The recipients are:
- Sangeen A. Desai, deputy manager-business manager, Keller Ground Engineering, India
- Lauren Dziagwa, P.E., geotechnical project engineer, American Geotechnical and Environmental Services (AGES)
- Min Liew, graduate research assistant, The Pennsylvania State University
- Abigail Stein, P.E., geotechnical engineer, GEI Consultants
- Gaby Vasquez, staff geotechnical engineer, D&S Engineering Labs
The WiDF Committee is comprised of women and men who are advocates for retaining women in the deep foundations industry. The goal of the committee is to foster greater success and interest of professional women in the industry by promoting networking events, endorsing outreach and building mentoring relationships.
The grants are being presented during the Annual Conference at the Women in Deep Foundations (WiDF) 6th annual networking event on Tuesday, October 12, from 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. To register for the reception or to sponsor the event, visit www.dfi.org/Annual2021.