DFI of India Alliances
Deep Foundations Institute of India (DFII) has formed alliances with major organisations in India and with DFI expert members in specific domain areas to enhance good work practices and implement skill development programs specific to geotechnical engineering and foundation/underground structure construction.
DFII CMRL International Geotechnical Engineering, Contractual, Construction Working Group
DFI of India (DFII) and Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) signed an MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) in November 2019 to establish a cooperating relationship and align the goals of both organizations in the following areas.
The suggested final goal of the working group is to prepare general guidelines for improvements and clarifications for all geotechnical work aspects of CMRL’s second phase project (planning, design, contractual, construction, testing, etc.). The focus areas include:
- Understanding CMRL needs and related international project practices
- Soliciting and retaining qualified contractors
- Training of CMRL and Contractors’ engineers and operators of foundation equipment
DFII Collaboration with NAC
The following joint efforts are underway:
DFI of India (DFII) and National Academy of Construction (NAC) established a partnership by signing MOU in July 2019 to jointly develop and implement skill training programs related to geotechnical and foundation construction to improve quality and safety while lowering the project risk and cost.
- Development and implementation of relevant programs covering skilled geotechnical/foundation workforce.
- Development and implementation of courses and skill development programs for diploma engineers to supervise geotechnical soil investigation projects (on site and in the laboratory) and other courses covering field and lab technicians.
- Conducting conferences/workshop and other educational programs for professionals in the geotechnical/foundation engineering construction industry.