Augered Cast-in-Place and Drilled Displacement Pile
This committee comprises a roster of industry-wide professionals involved in the design, understanding, advancement and use of augered cast-in-place (ACIP) and drilled displacement pile foundation systems.
Hannah Iezzoni, P.E.
Hannah Iezzoni, P.E., a design engineer with Keller North America, has 10 years of industry experience in design and construction of deep foundations, ground improvement, grouting, dam infrastructure and earth retention projects. Iezzoni is an active member of numerous industry groups, including chair of DFI’s Augered Cast-in-Place and Drilled Displacement Pile Committee and the engineering representative for Keller’s internal Micropile and Anchor Product Team. She graduated from Northwestern University in 2012 with a B.S. in civil engineering and from the University of Colorado in 2014 with a M.S. in civil engineering. Iezzoni is a recipient of a 2021 DFI President’s Award, which recognizes outstanding contributions and service of institute members.
Completed Research Projects
- Review and analysis of available pile design information, load testing results and associated pile construction costs to assess validity of acceptance criteria in the building codes.
- Instrumented and monitored full scale compression, tension, and lateral load tests on ACIP Piles
- Axial Load Capacity Predictions of Drilled Displacement Piles With SPT- and CPT-based Direct Methods
- Lateral Stresses During DD Pile Installation – Monitoring installation of small-scale drilled displacement piles to assess radial effect and extent of lateral stresses and displacements
- Evaluation of In Situ ACIP Pile Volume – Conducting thermal integrity profiling on ACIP test piles and analyze to assess in place diameter
- Seismic Performance of Rigid Inclusions – numerical simulation study of rigid inclusions installed in liquefiable soils to show the effect of various design parameters and demonstrate how coupled use of typical site response and lateral loading analyses that practitioners perform on a daily basis can sufficiently capture the critical aspects of our research findings
DFI Augered Cast-in-Place Piles Manual, Third Edition – guidance for installation and quality assurance and control of ACIP Piles and a model specification.
DFI Guideline for Interpretation of Nondestructive Integrity Testing of Augered Cast-in-Place and Drilled Displacement Piles – practical guidance for the interpretation of nondestructive testing (NDT) of the integrity of augered cast-in-place (ACIP) and drilled displacement (DD) piles.
Augered Cast-In-Place Piles Inspector’s Guide, Second Edition, 2010 – summarizes the requirements expected of all parties concerned in the successful installation of ACIP piles.
FHWA Geotechnical Engineering Circular No. 8 Design and Construction of Continuous Flight Auger (CFA) Piles.
GeoConstructability – An Owner’s Guide to Obtaining Essential Geotechnical Information for Construction (documents the type of geotechnical information that contractors need to estimate, plan and execute foundation projects).