Goble Rausche Likins Scholarship Application Instructions
The Deep Foundations Institute (DFI) Educational Trust is pleased to request applications for the Goble Rausche Likins Scholarship which will provide scholarship funding to full-time undergraduate or graduate civil engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science students attending any accredited college or university in the United States and who demonstrate prior employment, co-op, or intern experience with a civil engineering application.
The 2023 Application period is closed. The 2024 Application period will open April 2024.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled full-time (as defined by the applicant’s school) in a graduate or undergraduate program in civil engineering, electrical engineering, or computer science.
- Demonstrate prior employment, co-op, or intern experience with a civil engineering application.
- The minimum GPA required is 3.0/4.0.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest in the deep foundations industry.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
Scholarships are awarded based on standards that do not discriminate relative to the applicant’s race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality or ethnic origin.
Online Application Requirements:
- Complete all items on application.
Required Documents: (to be uploaded with application):
- Personal essay, no more than 500 words, highlighting why the applicant chose to pursue a deep foundations- related career, extra-curricular activities, leadership capabilities, long term plans and goals, and any special financial need.
- One-page résumé, including work experience, honors, activities and organizations.
- One official transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be completed by a faculty member at the applicant’s school.
- The application and all supporting documentation must be submitted no later than May 15, 2023.
Applications missing any of the required items will not be considered.
- The DFI Educational Trust will notify all applicants of the result of their applications on or about July 15, 2023.
- Applicants, as a condition of eligibility for being considered for a scholarship, must consent to their resume being posted on the DFI website for review by DFI members as potential employers.
- Applicants may be required to participate in a personal telephone interview with a Trust Board member.
- If selected as a recipient, as a condition of funding, applicant agrees to participate in a follow-up career survey that will be sent by the Trust at some point after the applicant’s graduation.
A total of $7,500 will be awarded in 2023. Award may be used for funding tuition, fees, books, and/or educational living expenses.
Scholarship checks, payable to the students, will be sent in August 2023 after proof of enrollment and other required information is received by the DFI Educational Trust.
NOTE: PLEASE DIRECT ALL INQUIRIES/QUESTIONS BY EMAIL TO: SCHOLARSHIPS@DFI.ORG